Thursday, February 5, 2015

Yes or No?

My Dearest Charlotte,

It has been several months since I wrote to you and you are the reason why - you are so busy! When I first found out I was having another girl I was very excited because I thought I would have a sweet little girl that would cuddle, sit quietly, and be my little buddy. Well, you are sweet! Ha! You love to move and shake, you have an opinion and a personality and while you are my little buddy, you are also your own self. You have a stubborn streak that loves to get what you want and you don't like being told no. I think you will go far in life because you know what you want and are willing to fight tooth and nail to get it! It is a wonderful trait for a young woman, but as a baby it makes me want to pull my hair out! You are an individual and I am so grateful for your spunk.

You have learned to shake your head yes or no to questions. At first we thought you just did it whenever you wanted, not really in answer, but that slowly changed. Now you say yes or no food, whether you want a bath, go for a walk, play with a toy, which book to read. You have an opinion about everything. It is a wonderful stage because I know exactly what you want and you are very happy to let us know! It is challenging when what you want is not what I can give you, such as breakable glasses, your sister's favorite toy she is playing with, or running into on coming traffic. Yes you do love to run!

I can't wait to see what this year holds for you because I can already tell you are going to take on life head on and you won't let anything stand in your way, especially not mommy, daddy, or Ella!

I love you my sweet child.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment